Friday, February 15, 2008

Gateau au Chocolate

I should have published this yesterday because I made this gateau yesterday for Valentines Day. This is very simple and very good! Guaranteed results, take my word for it!
An important note. I have found that I have my best results when I use a ceramic cake pan. This is made in a shallow pan 24 cm in diameter.
Butter the pan lightly..preheat your oven to 300 farenheit (150 centigrade)
In a large saucepan on the stove over very low heat, melt 100 grams of dark patisserie chocolate and 150 grams of sweet butter.
When the chocolate and butter are just melted together, take it off the heat and let it cool a bit. In the same pan, add 1/8 tsp vanilla, or a packet of vanilla sugar if you have it.
250 grams of sugar
3 eggs
100 grams of flour
100 grams of walnuts or pecans in morsels
Mix this together and pour it into the buttered cake pan.
Put it into the oven for a half hour.
When it is done, I turn off the heat and let the cake sit in the oven for another 5 minutes.
When it is out of the oven and cooling,
In a small sauce pan melt 100 grams of dark chocolate
50 grams of butter, when they have melted together, add 2 soupspoons of cream, but I add thick yoghurt sometimes...it works great!
Frost the cake with this mixture.
You can decorate it with a few perfect walnut or pecan halves!
This is a moist dense cake, like a big brownie, but better!
Bon apetit, bien sur!

1 comment:

mud_rake said...

There you go again! Here I sit with my store-bought cookies and you present this masterpiece!

Very nice and thanks.