Sunday, February 19, 2012

Garoto Nacional

Japanese inspired Techno from Brazil from a DJ named Strausz.
Totally surreal with some nudity, hamburgers, Pokemon and Godzilla and yes, 
there is a disclaimer at the start warning that the imaging might trigger an 
epileptic fit in susceptible individuals My only critique is that Strausz plays bass with a
pick, and if you really want to get to the bottom of the beat...take it from me,
 I'm not only a real funk
bass player, I play one on TV! It's the thumb muthafukah! You gotta grow them froggy fingahs
and learn how to play bass down in bottom of the swamp!
MICRODOT SAY "YOU MUST PLAY LOUD NOW!"

3 comments:

Alfr said...

Track is sick! Bassline is intense even if he's using the pick.

microdot said...

Oh I so agree! I love this more every time I hear it.
But, I feel there is a whole range of sickening physical crunchiness that punching those notes with a thumb can get to...plus the poppy poppyness of snapping...it's like putting crispy carmelized nuts on your dark chocolate mousse. It's a meat on metal kind of thing...
I play some punk stuff with a pick, but when I'm in form, I can do it better with my thumbz....
I still like this, ever so much!

microdot said...

you know, I go back and the dude is using his fingers...and he's great...I musta been having an epileptic seizure induced by the diting...ehat ever...it was way cool!